With the economic challenge facing the country, many people find it challenging to save money but fortunately, money-saving apps in Nigeria have emerged as a solution to help individuals save and manage their finances more efficiently.
In fact, saving money is an essential aspect of personal finance management that needs to be given keen attention.
If you can’t save, it means you are not ready to start investing and obviously subconsciously not ready to start making money.
You need to save if you want long-term success in any given business
The fun part is that many of these money-saving apps in Nigeria provide users with various features such as automatic savings, investment opportunities, budget tracking, and more financial planning tools to help manage your finances.
In other words, using these saving apps will help individuals alike set financial goals, save towards them, and track their progress towards achieving them.
Without going too far, this resource guide will highlight the top 7 best money-saving apps in Nigeria that offer top-notch tools for saving and the opportunity to invest in other financial securities
These apps will also help users take control of their finances, save money, and make better financial decisions.
The Top 7 money saving apps in Nigeria
PiggyVest is one of the best apps to save money in Nigeria today and offers users a range of features and benefits that can wow anybody.
The app is easy to use and navigate, making it accessible to all users.
With PiggyVest, you can save money, invest in investment opportunities, and earn up to 25% interest per annum on your savings.
The app also has features that allow you to automate your savings, set financial goals, and earn rewards for saving regularly.
Piggyvest is secure, and users’ data is protected with bank-level security protocols so you don’t need to be skeptical.
What To Enjoy When You Use PiggyVest
- As a user, you can set up automatic savings that automatically deduct a specific amount from your bank accounts at regular intervals, hence helping you save money effortlessly and avoid spending unnecessarily.
- Build with a feature that allows users to lock up their money for a specific period of time to avoid the temptation of spending
- Investment Opportunities in various portfolios including real estate, Agriculture, and fixed-income securities such as treasury bills and mutual funds. Users can earn returns of up to 25% per annum on their investments.
- Flexible Withdrawals: PiggyVest allows users to withdraw their savings at specific periods but you are allowed to also withdraw anytime as long as is not too frequent. However, users are encouraged to keep their savings for a more extended period to earn higher returns.
- Allow for group savings with friends and family members through its “Group Savings” feature. This feature enables users to save towards a common financial goal with others and track their progress.
CowryWise is another popular & top best money saving app in Nigeria that offers a range of savings and investment services.
With CowryWise, you can save as little as N100 and earn up to 15% interest per annum.
The app also has features that allow you to automate your savings, set financial goals, and track your expenses without stress.
CowryWise is very secure, and users’ data is protected with bank-level security protocols.
For any complaints, you can contact them through their excellent customer support to assist you with any issues or concerns.
What To Enjoy When You Use CowryWise
- As a user, you can automate your savings to a time frame that suits you
- You also enjoy the benefit of Savings Challenges: this offers users the opportunity to participate in savings challenges that are designed to help them save more money.
- Cowry also offers Investment Opportunities to savers for more return on investment
- Financial Education: CowryWise offers users access to financial education resources that can help them make better financial decisions. These resources include blog posts, webinars, and financial planning tools.
ALAT is a digital bank and financial technology company in Nigeria that offers a range of banking and financial services through its mobile app including savings.
The app is secure and provides users with a range of banking and financial services, making it a one-stop shop for all financial needs.
What To Enjoy When You Use ALAT
- Alat allows users to open bank accounts without any minimum balance requirements, making it accessible to everyone.
- Enjoy automatic savings thereby helping users save money effortlessly and avoid the temptation to spend unnecessarily.
- Alat provides users with budgeting tools that enable them to track their spending and manage their finances more efficiently.
- Alat users can pay bills such as utility bills, cable TV subscriptions, and airtime purchases directly from the app.
- Also as an Alat user, you are liable for access to quick loans without collateral or a long application process.
Kuda is a top-notch digital bank and financial technology company in Nigeria that offers savings and a range of banking and financial services through its mobile app making it a one-stop-shop for all financial needs.
The platform offers competitive interest rates on savings accounts and its app is easy to use and navigate, making it accessible to all users.
What To Enjoy When You Use Kuda
- Zero Account Opening Balance: no minimum balance is required to open an account.
- Kuda allows users to save as well as set up automatic savings plans if need be at regular intervals.
- Free ATM Withdrawals: Kuda users also enjoy 2 Free ATM Withdrawals per month at any ATM in Nigeria, making it convenient for users to access their money.
- Bill Payment: Kuda allows users to pay bills such as utility bills, cable TV subscriptions, and airtime purchases directly from the app.
- As a user, you also have access to quick loans without collateral or a long application process.
Carbon (formerly known as Paylater) is one of the legit online savings & investment platforms in Nigeria that offers robust financial solutions including payment solutions.
You can run and set your Savings and investment plans automatically through their intuitive app.
Through their app, users are provided with a range of banking and financial services, making it a one-stop shop for all financial needs.
What To Enjoy When You Use Carbon
- You can use it to save money as a normal savings account and also enjoy cheaper transactions
- Pay zero transfer fees on your first 30 transfers and receive funds from any bank account with no additional charges
- Users can enjoy loans directly from the app, without collateral or a long application process
- Carbon users also can pay bills such as utility bills, cable TV subscriptions, and airtime purchases directly from the app.
- Carbon allows users to invest in various investment products and earn up to 15.5% per annum.
- As a user, you can create virtual cards that can be used for online transactions
SumoTrust is a digital savings and investment platform in Nigeria registered with CAC
They offer a bunch of services including the ability to save and earn interest
Through the app, you can easily save and manage your finances on the go
The app today has become a popular platform for individuals and businesses looking to save money and earn interest on their savings.
What To Enjoy When You Use SumoTrust
- Through SumoTrust, you can save and automate your savings from your mobile phones.
- SumoTrust offers users competitive interest rates with 10% on the main savings account and up to 15% on the mission savings account
- As a user, you can also enjoy the flexibility of investing in your choice of product
- You also get FREE access to Digital Business Academy where you have tons of courses for you to learn free of charge
- SumoTrust allows users to use the platform to pay bills such as utility bills, cable TV subscriptions, and airtime purchases directly
- As a user, you can create and join group savings plans, where members can save together towards a common goal.
Kolopay is a saving platform in Nigeria that allows users to save towards their goals and enjoy up to 10% interest for free
They have a feature that allows you to automatically save a fixed amount either Daily, weekly, or monthly.
You can also invite your friends and family through a unique share feature to contribute towards your goal.
To invest with the app, you can lock up your savings and earn up to 10% per annum
KoloPay today has become a popular platform for individuals and businesses looking to save money and build a strong savings culture.
What To Enjoy When You Use KoloPay
- Users can save automatically or manually whenever they want toward any goal
- KoloPay offers users competitive interest rates of up to 10% per annum on savings, which are higher than traditional savings accounts.
- KoloPay allows users to create and join group savings plans, where members can save together towards a common goal
- As a user, you can also set savings goals and track progress toward achieving those goals.
- KoloPay also has a reminder feature to remind users to save towards goals and helps to track savings plans.
There is no doubt, that money-saving apps’ benefits can’t be overemphasized
Your savings is the discipline that serves as a backup that protects you from financial hardship
It can help build up a saving culture that can in turn lead to financial freedom.
You can’t go wrong with any of the listed apps above.
The fun part is that you can also use these apps as an investment platform to lock your money for higher interest and even invest in portfolios of your choice from the comfort of your laptop.